Crispy Potato Rösti with Warm Goat Cheese
This potato pancake is a favorite dish in Switzerland, especially in winter when you crave foods that are warm and satisfying.
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes (or replace half the potatoes with other root vegetables such as sweet potatoes, rutabagas or turnips) Add to list
- 1/2 onion, diced Add to list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 3 tablespoons oil or butter Add to list
- 4 ounces goat cheese Add to list
Peel potatoes and add to a pot with water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes. Drain, rinse and set aside until cool. Grate the potatoes into a large bowl. Add the onion, garlic and rosemary to the grated potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
Heat oil or butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Spoon the mix into the pan and evenly spread it out with a spatula so it forms one large pancake. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until a crispy brown crust forms underneath.
Turn the rösti by sliding it onto a plate, flipping the plate over, and sliding it back into the pan with the uncooked side facing down. Cook the other side for 5 to 7 minutes, until golden brown. During the last 2 to 3 minutes of cooking, sprinkle goat cheese over the top. Cut the rösti into quarters and serve.
Each serving: 270 cal, 15g fat (10g sat), 45mg chol, 990mg sodium, 28g carb, 3g fiber, 8g protein
Make it a meal
PCC is your solution for dinner in a snap. Pick up the following items at your neighborhood store and you’ll have a delicious meal (plus dessert!) in no time.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »