Yield: about 2 cups
Use this sauce in the recipe for Chicken, Andouille and Sweet Pepper Jambalaya.
- 1 cup fire-roasted tomatoes Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped onions Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell peppers Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped celery Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic Add to list
- 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning (or to taste) Add to list
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree. Transfer to a small saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "Gardening with Ciscoe" show, which aired on February 19, 2011.