Creamy Tropical Smoothie
A taste of tropical paradise in a glass.
- 1 cup orange juice Add to list
- 2 cups pineapple chunks, drained Add to list
- 1 banana, coarsely chopped Add to list
- 1/4 cup skim milk or soy milk Add to list
- 2 tablespoons honey Add to list
- 4 ice cubes Add to list
- 4 tablespoons protein powder, 2 tablespoons flax oil or 1 to 2 tablespoons powdered "greens" such as spirulina or a greens blend (optional) Add to list
Combine all ingredients in blender and blend or puree on the appropriate setting until smooth and creamy.
Smoothies are an easy way to get some of your daily fruit servings and are a great base for adding nutrient-dense foods like protein powders, flax oil and powdered greens to your daily diet. These easy-to-blend smoothies are perfect for a quick breakfast, light lunch or summer treat. Enjoy!