Yield: Makes 16 to 18 muffins
These tart-sweet muffins, made with cranberries, lemon and cornmeal, are great for breakfast, brunch or a snack.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour Add to list
- 1/2 cup cornmeal Add to list
- 1/2 cup white sugar Add to list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar Add to list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder Add to list
- Pinch of salt Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped cranberries Add to list
- 2/3 cup plain or honey yogurt Add to list
- 2/3 cup whole milk Add to list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice Add to list
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds Add to list
Preheat oven to 375Â° F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
Whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugars, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, toss cranberries with 2 teaspoons of the flour mixture to coat them; set aside.
Whisk together yogurt, milk, eggs, lemon juice, zest and vanilla in a bowl. Add yogurt mixture to remaining flour mixture, beating until just combined (be careful not to over mix!). Gently fold in cranberries. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle with almonds.
Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Substitute orange juice and zest for the lemon, if desired.
Each muffin: 200cal140cal, 34g fat (0.51g sat), 2540mg chol, 1160mg sodium, 2637g carb, 2g fiber, 13g sugars, 35g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »