Yield: Makes 12 muffins
These tart and sweet muffins, made with cranberries, lemon and cornmeal, are great for breakfast, brunch or a snack.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour Add to list
- 1/2 cup cornmeal Add to list
- 1/2 cup white sugar Add to list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar Add to list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder Add to list
- Pinch of salt Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped cranberries Add to list
- 2/3 cup plain or honey yogurt Add to list
- 2/3 cup whole milk Add to list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice Add to list
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds Add to list
Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
Whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugars, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, toss cranberries and 2 teaspoons of flour mixture to coat; set aside.
Whisk together yogurt, milk, eggs, lemon juice, zest and vanilla in a bowl. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture, beating until just combined (don’t over mix!). Gently fold in cranberries. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle with almonds.
Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Each muffin: 200cal, 4g fat (1g sat), 40mg chol, 160mg sodium, 37g carb, 2g fiber, 5g protein
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »