Cranberry Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Mix
Yield: 1 jar of mix (about 20 cookies)
This pretty layered cookie mix makes a great gift -- and you can pick up everything but the jar in our bulk department.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour Add to list
- 1/3 cup white sugar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg Add to list
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar Add to list
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups regular rolled oats (not instant or steel-cut) Add to list
- 1 cup dried cranberries Add to list
- 1 clean liter canning jar Add to list
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, white sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Using a funnel to keep things tidy, pour the dry mix into the jar. Gently shake the jar to form a flat layer. Layer brown sugar, making sure to pack it firmly down. Pour in chocolate chips, then oats and give the jar a gentle shake to help them settle. Finish with a layer of cranberries; seal the jar.
Attach this recipe to the jar:
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, combine 8 tablepsoons unsalted softened butter, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Beat until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the contents of the jar all at once and fold the ingredients in with a spatula until there are no streaks of flour or sugar and the mixture forms a thick dough.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the cookie edges are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Recipe by, PCC food writer