Cranberry-Apricot Quick Bread
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature Add to list
- 3/4 cup sugar Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon orange oil or 2 teaspoons grated orange peel Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg Add to list
- 3 eggs Add to list
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour Add to list
- 1/2 cup milk Add to list
- 1 cup dried cranberries Add to list
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced, or dried slivered apricots Add to list
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional) Add to list
Cream together the first seven ingredients until well blended. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until fluffy.
Stir in the flour. Add the milk 1/4 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. Gently mix in the cranberries, apricots and nuts.
Spoon the batter into a lightly greased 8-1/2-by-4-1/2-inch loaf pan. Bake in a preheated 350° F oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove the bread from the oven. Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing the bread to cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf, about 16 servings.
Source: The King Arthur Flour Company, Inc. November 2006