PCC Couscous and Bean Salad
An easy dish to prepare, that can be served as a main course or side.
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided Add to list
- 1 1/4 cups couscous Add to list
- 1 1/4 cups water Add to list
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced Add to list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced Add to list
- 1/2 bunch green onions, sliced Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar Add to list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic Add to list
In a large bowl, add 2 tablespoons oil to couscous; mix well. Boil water and whisk boiling water into couscous mixture. Cover until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Whisk again to loosen. Cool.
Add bell peppers, green onions and all the beans to the couscous when cool.
Whisk together sherry vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, garlic and remaining 2 tablespoons oil until dressing is blended. Toss dressing with salad.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »