Cornmeal, Parmesan and Thyme Crackers
Yield: Makes 50 to 60 crackers
Crisp, crunchy and cheesy, these crackers are surprisingly easy to make.
- 1 cup cornmeal Add to list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus additional for dusting Add to list
- 3/4 cup warm water Add to list
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese Add to list
- 3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature Add to list
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea or kosher salt, divided Add to list
- Freshly ground black pepper Add to list
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme Add to list
Combine cornmeal, flour, water, cheese, butter, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the mixture forms a ball (or mix by hand). Remove from the processor and cover in plastic wrap. Let rest 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400° F. Divide dough into 4 portions, covering the pieces you are not working with in plastic wrap.
Lightly dust a work surface and roll out dough to 1/8-inch thick. Sprinkle the surface with thyme and remaining salt. Gently roll dough 2 or 3 more times to embed toppings. Cut crackers into desired shapes or size. Try using a chef’s knife, wavy-edge pastry cutter, pizza cutter or cookie cutters.
Place crackers on a baking sheet and bake until the edges turn golden and crisp, 15 to 18 minutes. Cool completely; store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Each serving: 210cal, 8g fat (4g sat), 20mg chol, 700mg sodium, 30g carb, 5g fiber, 1g sugars, 5g protein
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »