Yield: Makes 15 to 20 fritters
This vegan fritter is full of the flavor of sweet vegetables and warm spices.
- 1 cup brown rice flour or quinoa flour Add to list
- 1 cup cornmeal Add to list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda Add to list
- 1 teaspoon paprika Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon unrefined salt Add to list
- 1 cup whole almonds Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups water Add to list
- 1 10-ounce package frozen sweet corn (2 cups) Add to list
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds mixed with 1/2 cup water (3 eggs may be substituted) Add to list
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice Add to list
Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Blend almonds and water in a blender until smooth. Add frozen corn to the blender and continue blending until creamy. Combine with all other ingredients in a bowl and mix well until smooth. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 8 to 12 hours.
Use a 1/3 cup scoop to form the fritters. In a skillet, fry the corn fritters in coconut oil over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor