Corn Basil Cakes
- 1/4 cup flour Add to list
- 1/4 cup cornmeal Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk Add to list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten Add to list
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted Add to list
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 large ears) Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil Add to list
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot Add to list
- High-heat oil, for cooking Add to list
Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add buttermilk, eggs and butter, stirring just enough to combine. Fold in corn, basil, Parmesan and shallot.
Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat and coat with a thin layer of oil. Drop batter by the 1/4 cup into the skillet, cooking until cakes are golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
Each serving: 250 cal, 15g fat (5g sat), 120mg chol, 480mg sodium, 23g carb, 2g fiber, 9g protein