Corn and Edamame Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
Serves: 6 to 8
Packed with protein and fiber, this colorful salad with a tangy dressing is perfect for picnics.
- 1/4 cup buttermilk Add to list
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt or sour cream Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice Add to list
- 2 teaspoons sugar Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil Add to list
- 2 ears fresh corn or 1 1/2 cups cooked corn kernels (see note) Add to list
- 1 cup shelled edamame, cooked Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped radishes Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion Add to list
In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, yogurt or sour cream, lemon juice, sugar and salt and pepper. Stir in basil.
In a large bowl, combine corn, edamame, red bell peppers, radishes and onions. Fold in desired amount of buttermilk dressing. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and serve chilled.
Cook whole ears of corn using your favorite method (roasting, grilling, steaming or boiling). Remove the husk and silk after cooking. Using a knife, carefully remove the kernels from the cob.
Each serving: 70 cal, 1.5g fat (0g sat), 0mg chol, 180mg sodium, 11g carb, 2g fiber, 5g sugars, 4g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef