Coriander Red Curry Paste
Use this curry paste in the recipe for Coriander Red Curry and Coconut Milk Shrimp.
- 6 large dried red chiles (see note) Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt Add to list
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds Add to list
- 2-inch piece fresh lemongrass, thinly sliced Add to list
- 5 garlic cloves Add to list
- 1 shallot, chopped Add to list
- 1 teaspoon kaffir lime zest or regular lime zest Add to list
- 1-inch piece fresh galangal or ginger, peeled and thinly sliced Add to list
Cut the chiles into small pieces and remove the seeds. Soak them in hot water for 5 to 10 minutes. Drain them.
Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and puree to a coarse paste.
Choose the chiles based on heat: Asian chiles are very hot. New Mexico or Pasilla chiles give lots of flavor without all the heat. You also can mix and match!
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "New Day Northwest" show, which aired April 13, 2011.
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.