Coriander Red Curry Paste
Use this curry paste in the recipe for Coriander Red Curry and Coconut Milk Shrimp.
- 6 large dried red chiles (see note) Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt Add to list
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds Add to list
- 2-inch piece fresh lemongrass, thinly sliced Add to list
- 5 cloves garlic Add to list
- 1 shallot, chopped Add to list
- 1 teaspoon lime zest Add to list
- 1-inch piece fresh galangal or ginger, peeled and thinly sliced Add to list
Cut chiles into small pieces and remove seeds. Soak in hot water for 5 to 10 minutes; drain.
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and puree to a coarse paste.
Choose chiles based on heat: Asian chiles are very hot. New Mexico or Pasilla chiles give lots of flavor without all the heat. You also can mix and match!
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "New Day Northwest" show, which aired April 13, 2011.