Coriander Red Curry and Coconut Milk Shrimp
Serves: 4 to 6
Using quick cooking ingredients, like prawns and snap peas, this fragrant curry comes together in a snap.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons high-heat oil Add to list
- 1 pound (16 to 20) prawns, peeled and deveined Add to list
- 1 cup sugar snap or snow peas Add to list
- 2 green or spring onions, cut into 1-inch pieces Add to list
- 1/4 cup Coriander Red Curry Paste or you may substitute 1 to 2 tablespoons Thai Kitchen red curry paste Add to list
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, rainbow chard, kale, mustard greens or your favorite leafy green, in any combination, coarsely chopped Add to list
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk Add to list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil Add to list
- Fish sauce or soy sauce, to taste Add to list
- Fresh lime juice, to taste Add to list
Heat oil in a wok or sauté pan. Add prawns and peas and cook for 3 minutes, or until peas are bright green. Add green or spring onions and stir-fry for 1 minute more or until prawns turn light pink and are opaque through.
Stir in curry paste and greens and cook for about 30 seconds. Add coconut milk and basil. Season with fish sauce and lime juice and gently heat through.
Serve over steamed jasmine rice. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Recipe was updated on February 12, 2014. Originally demonstrated on KING 5's "New Day Northwest" show, which aired April 13, 2011.