Coriander Red Curry and Coconut Milk Shrimp
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 to 3 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil Add to list
- 1 pound 16 to 20 prawns, peeled and deveined Add to list
- 1 cup sugar snap or snow peas Add to list
- 2 green or spring onions, cut into 1-inch pieces Add to list
- 1/4 cup Coriander Red Curry Paste or you may substitute 1 to 2 tablespoons Thai Kitchen red curry paste Add to list
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, rainbow chard, kale, mustard greens or your favorite leafy green, in any combination, coarsely chopped Add to list
- 1 can coconut milk Add to list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped basil Add to list
- Fish sauce or soy sauce to taste Add to list
- Fresh lime juice to taste Add to list
Heat the oil in a wok or sauté pan. Add the prawns and peas and cook for 3 minutes, or until the peas are bright green. Add the green or spring onions and stir-fry for 1 minute more or until the prawns turn lightly pink and are opaque through.
Stir in the curry paste and greens and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the coconut milk and basil. Season with the fish sauce and lime juice and gently heat through.
Serve over steamed jasmine rice. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Recipe was updated on February 12, 2014. Originally demonstrated on KING 5's "New Day Northwest" show, which aired April 13, 2011.
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.