Collard Green and Cabbage Slaw
Serves: 4 to 6
A worthy side for pork or pile it inside the sandwich itself!
- 1 bunch collards, stems removed and leaves sliced very thin Add to list
- 1/2 small green cabbage, core removed and leaves sliced very thin Add to list
- 1 large carrot, grated Add to list
- 3 green onions, sliced thin on the diagonal Add to list
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice Add to list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice Add to list
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh ginger Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste Add to list
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Add to list
Combine collards, cabbage, carrots and onions in a large salad bowl. Toss until well mixed. Combine orange and lemon juices, ginger, garlic and salt in a small bowl.
Slowly whisk in olive oil and continue to whisk until emulsified. Adjust seasoning to taste. Pour dressing over greens and toss until greens are well coated.
Source: 2007 fall member meeting dinner.