Collard Green and Cabbage Slaw
Serves: 4 to 6
A worthy side for pork or pile it inside the sandwich itself!
- 1 bunch collards, stems removed and sliced very thin Add to list
- 1/2 small green cabbage, core removed and sliced very thin Add to list
- 1 large carrot, grated or julienned Add to list
- 3 green onions, white parts and some of the green, sliced thin on the diagonal Add to list
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice Add to list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice Add to list
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely minced Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste Add to list
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil Add to list
Combine collards, cabbage, carrots and onion in a large salad bowl. Toss until well mixed. Combine orange and lemon juices, ginger, garlic and salt in a small bowl.
Slowly whisk in olive oil and continue to whisk until emulsified. Adjust seasoning to taste. Pour dressing over greens and toss until greens are well coated.
Served at the 2007 fall member meeting dinner, along with:
Source: Posted in the Sound Consumer, June 2009, along with the Easy Pulled Pork recipe.