Whole Grain Cocoa Nib and Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Yield: About 3 dozen
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into cubes Add to list
- 1/4 cup white sugar Add to list
- 1/2 cup demerara sugar Add to list
- 1 3/4 cups packed dark brown sugar Add to list
- 2 large eggs Add to list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon good-quality cinnamon Add to list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour Add to list
- 1 cup whole grain emmer flour Add to list
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped Add to list
- 2 tablespoons cocoa nibs Add to list
Preheat oven to 350º F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Cream butter with white, demerara and brown sugars in a mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, vanilla, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and mix for 30 seconds on low speed. Gradually add in flours, then stir in chopped chocolate and cocoa nibs.
Scoop out dough in heaping tablespoons on prepared baking sheets. Do not flatten them. Sprinkle with a bit of extra demerara and crunchy sea salt, if you like, before they go into the oven. Cook for exactly 12 minutes. They may appear underdone or too soft, but they will set up once they cool down.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Demonstrated on the PCC Cooks stage at Vegfest 2011.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »