Serve these dairy-free and gluten-free meatballs with our Marinara Rustico sauce.
- 1 pound ground beef Add to list
- 1/2 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs Add to list
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage Add to list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic Add to list
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seed "Parmesan" Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- Marinara Rustico Add to list
Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly oil a baking dish.
Place ground beef in a large bowl. Add breadcrumbs, coconut milk, olive oil, parsley, garlic, Sunflower Seed "Parmesan," salt and pepper. Using your hands, gently combine the mixture, being careful not to overmix. Form into 8 meatballs and place in the prepared baking dish.
Bake until the internal temperature measured with a thermometer reaches 155° F, 20 to 30 minutes. Serve with hot Marinara Rustico.
You can pan-fry the meatballs in a small amount of oil over medium heat. Lightly brown on all sides then transfer to a baking dish. Finish cooking in the oven until the internal temperature measured with a thermometer reaches 155° F, about 20 minutes.
Source: 2013 PCC annual meeting dinner