Classic Apple Crisp
Warm up your kitchen with the flavors of fresh-baked apples.
- 2 1/2 pounds tart organic apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon Add to list
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest Add to list
- 2 tablespoons honey Add to list
Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly oil a 9- by 13-inch baking dish. Toss the apples with lemon juice, cinnamon, lemon zest and honey. Place in the baking dish.
Mix together topping ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over the apples. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until apples are soft. Serve with vanilla yogurt or ice cream.
Source: Adapted from Planet Organics
Sound Consumer, October 2003
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »