Seasonal Fruit Clafoutis
Clafoutis (pronounced clafooti’) — a cross between a cobbler and flan — is sweet, simple and very traditional in France. This version is baked in individual ramekins.
- 2 cups seasonal fruit such as cherries or berries (or pitted, chopped stone fruit) Add to list
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided Add to list
- 3/4 cup milk Add to list
- 2 eggs Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat pastry or unbleached white flour Add to list
- Butter, for ramekins Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F. In a bowl, toss fruit with 2 tablespoons sugar and set aside.
In a blender, food processor or with an immersion blender, blend remaining sugar, milk, eggs, vanilla and flour about 1 minute until a smooth batter is created.
Butter four 6-ounce ramekins. Pour batter to about 1⁄4 the height of each ramekin. Add fruit and cover with remaining batter.
Bake until golden brown and firm to the touch, and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm.
Each serving: 220 cal, 5g fat (2g sat), 110mg chol, 60mg sodium, 39g carb, 4g fiber, 7g protein
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor