Citrus Beet Salad
Serves: 3 to 4
This crisp, zesty salad of raw grated beets is great for picnics and very refreshing on a hot day. It's also a colorful and perfect accompaniment for a spicy or salty main dish at any time of the year.
- 4 beets, peeled and grated Add to list
- 1 orange, peeled and diced Add to list
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice Add to list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon orange zest Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
- Chopped fresh parsley or cilantro (optional) Add to list
Toss together beets, diced oranges, orange juice, lemon juice, orange zest, lemon zest and salt. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, tossing at least twice.
Served garnished with parsley or cilantro.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor