Cinnamon Raisin Breakfast Porridge
- 2 cups cooked Bhutan Red Rice Add to list
- 1 3/4 cups almond or coconut milk Add to list
- 1/4 cup raisins (more if you wish) Add to list
- 1 to 2 tablespoons maple syrup Add to list
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries Add to list
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon Add to list
Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a gentle boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Using a potato masher, partially mash rice to achieve a slightly creamy consistency.
Serve hot topped with berries, walnuts and a little extra cinnamon and maple syrup, if you wish.
Each serving: 280 cal, 12g fat (1g sat), 0mg chol, 65mg sodium, 41g carb, 4g fiber, 5g protein