Chocolate Pots de Crème
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut cream Add to list
- 3 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped Add to list
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, roughly torn Add to list
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns Add to list
Place the coconut cream in a small pot and bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Place the chopped chocolate in a blender. Pour the coconut cream mixture onto the chocolate and add the remaining ingredients. Blend on high until the chocolate is thoroughly melted and the mixture is smooth. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve and divide among 4 small cups. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
Source: Demonstrated on the PCC Cooks stage at Vegfest 2010.