Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 3/4 cup coconut flour Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups toasted pecans, divided Add to list
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided Add to list
- 2 teaspoons cacao powder Add to list
- Pinch of salt Add to list
- 6 eggs, divided Add to list
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided Add to list
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped and melted Add to list
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Combine the coconut flour, 1/2 cup pecans, 1/2 cup coconut oil, cacao powder and salt in a food processor. Pulse until pecans are finely chopped. Add 3 eggs and 2 tablespoons maple syrup; pulse until a dough forms. Press into the bottom and sides of a 9 1/2-inch tart or pie pan. Bake pie crust for 5 minutes.
In a bowl, beat together lightly 2 tablespoons coconut oil, 3 remaining eggs, 1/2 cup maple syrup, a pinch of salt and melted chocolate. Pour into pie crust and top with remaining pecans.
Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350° F and bake until filling is just set, an additional 30 to 40 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Each serving: 440 cal, 37g fat (17g sat), 110mg chol, 75mg sodium, 24g carb, 3g fiber, 8g protein
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »