This mousse is so delicious, it's surprising that it contains tofu. Serve it in individual dessert dishes or use as a pie filling in a graham cracker or prebaked crust. You'll find silken tofu packaged in the grocery aisle.
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips Add to list
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk or other milk Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 1 package of organic silken or firm tofu Add to list
- 1/4 cup sweetener of choice (agave, maple syrup or honey work well) Add to list
- 1 cup seasonal berries or sliced fruit (such as strawberries, raspberries or pears) Add to list
Combine chocolate, milk and vanilla extract in a small saucepan. Place on medium-low heat and stir until chocolate melts and turns shiny. Blend tofu in a food processor or blender until smooth. Next add melted chocolate and sweetener. Process until smooth.
Chill. Serve with fresh berries and top with Coconut Whipped Cream and a sprig of fresh mint.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Demonstrated on the PCC Cooks stage at Vegfest 2010.