Creamy and smooth, this rich mousse uses silken tofu instead of the traditional raw eggs. Serve it in individual dessert dishes or use as a pie filling in a graham cracker or cookie crust. You'll find silken tofu packaged in the grocery aisle.
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips Add to list
- 1 cup vanilla soymilk or other milk or milk alternative Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 1/4 cup sweetener of choice (agave or honey work well) Add to list
- 1 package silken tofu Add to list
- 1 cup fresh berries or sliced seasonal fruit (optional) Add to list
Combine chocolate chips, milk and vanilla extract in a small saucepan. Place over medium-low heat and stir until chocolate melts. Remove from heat and stir in sweetener.
Blend tofu in a food processor or blender until completely smooth. Slowly pour in melted chocolate mixture and process until smooth. Pour into individual serving dishes and chill for 1 to 2 hours.
If you like, serve garnished with fresh berries or sliced seasonal fruit, and top with Coconut Whipped Cream.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor