Yield: about 3 dozen bite-sized cookies
Chock-full of healthy ingredients, these vegan cookies are more than the sum of their parts.
- 3 large, ripe bananas, well mashed (about 1 1/2 cups) Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, barely warm, so it’s liquid (you may substitute olive oil or melted butter) Add to list
- 2 cups rolled oats Add to list
- 2/3 cup finely ground hazelnuts or other nuts Add to list
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded dry coconut Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder Add to list
- 7 ounces chocolate chips (or dark chocolate bar, chopped fine) Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F. Position oven racks in the top third.
Combine bananas, vanilla and coconut oil in a large bowl. In another bowl stir together oats, ground hazelnuts, coconut, cinnamon, salt and baking powder.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
Drop dollops of the slightly loose dough (about 2 teaspoons each) 1 inch apart onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on the tray. Cookies will be a bit moist but will hold together after they cool.