Chipotle Turkey and Pumpkin Seed Quesadillas
This dish starts with melted cheese, tucked between two buttery, crisp tortillas. To spice it up, we add chipotle chiles, which are smoked jalapeños that have been dried and ground.
- Softened butter or hihg-heat oil Add to list
- 8 (10-inch) flour or whole wheat tortillas Add to list
- 12 ounces Monterey jack or Mexican cheese such as Cotija, grated Add to list
- 2 cups cooked turkey simmered in a little stock with 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder Add to list
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted Add to list
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing combined with 1 teaspoon chipotle powder (you may adjust the amount of chipotle to your taste, depending on how spicy you like it) Add to list
To assemble and cook the quesadilla, spread or brush the softened butter or oil on one side of 2 tortillas. Place 1 tortilla butter-side down in a 10-inch or larger skillet heated over medium heat. Spread 1/4 cheese on top of the tortilla and top with 1/4 turkey and pumpkin seeds.
Spread the other tortilla (the non-buttered side) with the ranch-chipotle mixture and place it, butter side up, on top of the turkey. Cook until the bottom tortilla is golden brown. Using a pancake turner, carefully turn the quesadilla over and cook until golden brown. Remove to a platter and keep warm. Repeat process 3 more times with remaining tortillas and filling.
To serve, cut each quesadilla into 8 wedges and serve with salsa on the side.
For Cranberry Salsa
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
Recipe by, PCC Chef