Chipotle Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple Add to list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced Add to list
- 1/4 red onion, diced Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro Add to list
- 1 lime, juiced Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 pound medium-sized shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin Add to list
- 1 teaspoon high-heat oil Add to list
- 1/4 cup pineapple or orange juice Add to list
- 8 corn taco shells, warmed Add to list
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce Add to list
To prepare pineapple salsa, toss diced pineapple, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper together in a bowl; cover and set aside while preparing shrimp.
Combine shrimp, garlic, chipotle, cumin, salt and pepper in a bowl; toss to coat. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp and cook until just pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Pour juice over shrimp and reduce liquid to coat, 1 to 2 minutes.
Divide shrimp between taco shells; top with pineapple salsa and shredded lettuce.
Each taco: 150cal, 2.5g fat (0g sat), 85mg chol, 190mg sodium, 19g carb, 2g fiber, 14g protein