Chipotle Shredded Pork with Tomato Lime Salsa
- 1 tablespoon higih-heat oil Add to list
- 1 1/2 pounds country-style pork spareribs Add to list
- 1/2 yellow onion, peeled and sliced Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder Add to list
- 2 cups water or beef broth Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- Tomato Lime Salsa (see below) Add to list
Tomato Lime Salsa
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Heat oil in a heavy stove-top-to-oven pan over medium-high heat. Sear pork on both sides until deep golden brown. Surround with onions and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more to brown onions slightly. Stir in spices and cook for 30 seconds to bloom.
Add water and season well with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, cover with a tight-fitting lid and place in the oven. Cook for 1 1/2 hours or until pork is fork tender. Shred into large chunks removing any bone and excess fat. Keep pork warm in its cooking juices until ready to serve.
For Tomato Lime Salsa
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: As seen on the “Cheapskate Challenge” on KING 5’s Evening Magazine aired on April 28, 2009