Chipotle Chicken or Turkey Chili
Use your leftover turkey or chicken in this family-friendly recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1 onion, diced Add to list
- 1 large clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 4 cups chicken broth Add to list
- 2 1/2 cups cooked red beans, drained Add to list
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes Add to list
- 1 green bell pepper, diced Add to list
- 3/4 to 1 pound cooked turkey, chicken breast or thigh meat, diced or shredded (or 3/4 to 1 pound cooked ground turkey) Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder, or more to taste Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 small lime, juiced Add to list
In a heavy-bottomed stockpot, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth and remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
Serving suggestions: Add a dollop of plain yogurt, sour cream, avocado salsa or shredded cheddar cheese.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor