Chipotle Chicken or Turkey Chili
Use your leftover turkey or chicken in this family-friendly recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1 onion, diced Add to list
- 1 large clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 32-ounce container chicken broth Add to list
- 2 1/2 cups cooked (or canned) red beans, drained Add to list
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes Add to list
- 1 green bell pepper, diced Add to list
- 3/4 to 1 pound cooked turkey, chicken breast or thigh meat, diced or shredded (or 3/4 to 1 pound cooked ground turkey) Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder, or more to taste Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- Juice of 1 small lime Add to list
In a heavy-bottomed stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic until translucent. Add chicken broth and remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
Serving suggestions: Add a dollop of plain yogurt, sour cream, avocado salsa or shredded cheddar cheese. Our deli merchandiser suggests the Carr Valley Goat Cheddar or the Bravo Chipotle Cheddar for an additional hit of chipotle.
Source: Sound Consumer December 2007