Chinese Chicken Salad
Make your own wonton strips to top this classically favorite salad.
- 3 cooked chicken breasts, shredded Add to list
- 1/2 head napa cabbage, shredded Add to list
- 12 baby bok choy, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 carrot, grated Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro Add to list
- 1 mango – peeled, pitted and thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced Add to list
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons miso paste Add to list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce Add to list
- 1 tablespoon orange juice Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, chopped Add to list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger Add to list
- 5 tablespoons canola oil, plus additional for drizzling Add to list
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 15 wonton wrappers, cut into 1/4-inch strips Add to list
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds Add to list
Combine chicken, cabbage, bok choy, carrots, mint, cilantro, mango and bell peppers in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
In a small bowl, combine vinegar, miso, soy sauce, orange juice, garlic and ginger. Slowly whisk in canola and sesame oil; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Drizzle wonton strips with oil, salt and pepper. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350° F oven until golden and crisp, 7 to 10 minutes.
When ready to serve, toss salad with dressing and top with wonton crisps and sesame seeds.
Each serving: 370cal, 19g fat (3g sat), 40mg chol, 730mg sodium, 33g carb, 3g fiber, 18g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef