Chilled Fresh Peach Soup
Cool and refreshing, serve this perfect summer soup as a first course or a dessert.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews Add to list
- 1/2 cup filtered water or coconut water Add to list
- 4 ripe peaches, pitted and chopped Add to list
- 2 oranges, peeled and seeded Add to list
- 2/3 cup chopped pineapple or tart apples Add to list
- 2 teaspoons seeded chopped fresh jalapeño peppers Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint Add to list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste Add to list
In a blender combine cashews and water or coconut water and blend until creamy. Add remaining ingredients and process until it reaches a smooth and creamy consistency. If too thick, add more water or coconut water.
Place soup in the refrigerator and chill until serving. Taste before serving and add more jalapeño, mint or salt if needed. Garnish and serve.
For garnish, use lightly toasted, shredded, unsweetened coconut; toasted cashews; slices of fresh peaches, strawberries or blueberries. You also can use slices of peaches sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar and broiled in the oven.
For more texture you can use a food processor instead of a blender.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Demonstrated at the 2010 Issaquah PCC Healthy Living Fair.