Chicken Sauté Orangerie
- 2 chicken breasts, halved, boned, and skinned Add to list
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour Add to list
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed Add to list
- 2 teaspoons butter Add to list
- 2 teaspoons safflower oil Add to list
- Grated peel of 2 oranges Add to list
- 1 cup orange juice Add to list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine Add to list
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced Add to list
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or other wine vinegar Add to list
Pound chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap to 1/4 inch thickness. Combine flour and garlic. Dredge chicken in flour mixture to coat.
In a large skillet, heat butter and oil. Sauté chicken until tender and browned on both sides. Add orange peel, orange juice, parsley, and wine. Bring to a simmer. Remove chicken to a serving plate. Garnish with orange slices.
Add vinegar to skillet. Reduce sauce on high heat if thicker sauce is desired. Pour sauce over chicken.