Chicken Sauté Orangerie
- 2 chicken breasts, halved, boned, and skinned Add to list
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour Add to list
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed Add to list
- 2 teaspoons butter Add to list
- 2 teaspoons safflower oil Add to list
- Grated peel of 2 oranges Add to list
- 1 cup orange juice Add to list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine Add to list
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced Add to list
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or other wine vinegar Add to list
Pound chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap to 1/4 inch thickness. Combine flour and garlic. Dredge chicken in flour mixture to coat.
In a large skillet, heat butter and oil. Sauté chicken until tender and browned on both sides. Add orange peel, orange juice, parsley, and wine. Bring to a simmer. Remove chicken to a serving plate. Garnish with orange slices.
Add vinegar to skillet. Reduce sauce on high heat if thicker sauce is desired. Pour sauce over chicken.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »