Chicken Pasta Salad with Asparagus and Lemon-Caper Vinaigrette
Serves: 4 to 6
This bright and fresh pasta salad uses the best of spring ingredients.
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta Add to list
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends removed and stalks cut into 1/2-inch pieces Add to list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice Add to list
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard Add to list
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and chopped Add to list
- 1/2 shallot, finely minced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest Add to list
- 6 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces Add to list
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese Add to list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives Add to list
Cook pasta according to package directions. Add asparagus to the pot during the last 3 minutes of cooking; drain and set aside.
Combine lemon juice, Dijon mustard, capers, shallots and lemon zest in a bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
Toss pasta, asparagus, vinaigrette, chicken, feta and chives in a large bowl. Serve warm or cold.
Each serving: 430cal, 23g fat (6g sat), 65mg chol, 400mg sodium, 32g carb, 2g fiber, 26g protein