Chicken Pasta Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 pound chicken breast, baked Add to list
- 1 lemon Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste Add to list
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil Add to list
- 1 bag frozen peas Add to list
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped Add to list
- 1 head spinach or other leafy green, chopped Add to list
- 1 cup roasted red peppers Add to list
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese Add to list
- 3 cups gluten-free pasta spirals Add to list
Preheat oven to 325° F. Place chicken on greased cooking tray. Squeeze juice of one lemon evenly over breasts. Lightly sprinkle salt and pepper to your taste. Drizzle oil evenly over seasoned breasts.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Check to see the chicken is cooked through (165° F). Cook longer if under cooked. Remove from oven and let cool. Chop into bite-size cubes when cooled.
Begin boiling water for pasta. Combine ingredients for dressing in a small bowl. In another bowl, combine peas, basil, spinach, roasted red peppers and Parmesan cheese.
Cook pasta until al dente, then strain. Cool noodles under cold water. Mix noodles, chicken and dressing together. Place in refrigerator to chill, or serve immediately.
Recipe by, former PCC Nutrition Educator