Chicken Pasta Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
This simple chicken salad is great for potlucks or an easy weeknight dinner with the family.
- 1 pound chicken breast Add to list
- 1 lemon Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil Add to list
- 1 bag frozen peas Add to list
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped Add to list
- 1 head spinach or other leafy green, chopped Add to list
- 1 cup roasted red peppers Add to list
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese Add to list
- 3 cups gluten-free pasta spirals Add to list
Preheat oven to 325° F. Place chicken on a greased cooking tray. Squeeze lemon juice evenly over breasts. Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper to your taste. Drizzle oil evenly over seasoned breasts.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Check to see the chicken is cooked through (165° F). Cook longer if under cooked. Remove from the oven and let cool. Chop into bite-size cubes when cooled.
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente; drain. Cool noodles under cold water.
Combine chicken, noodles, peas, basil, spinach, peppers and cheese in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together ingredients for the dressing. Gently toss noodle mixture with dressing, to coat.
Place in refrigerator to chill, or serve immediately.
Recipe by, former PCC Nutrition Educator