Chicken Buckwheat Noodle Soup
Buckwheat is a great gluten-free alternative to regular noodles in this comforting chicken noodle soup.
- 3 stalks celery, chopped Add to list
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped Add to list
- 2 small red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into small cubes Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 onion, chopped Add to list
- 6 cups water, vegetable or chicken stock Add to list
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts Add to list
- 1 pound buckwheat noodles, broken in half Add to list
- 1/4 pound baby spinach Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives Add to list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
Combine celery, carrots, potatoes, garlic, onion and water or stock in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil and add whole chicken breasts. Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Remove chicken and cool.
Return soup to a boil and add buckwheat noodles. Cook noodles until al dente, 7 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, shred chicken breast meat.
When noodles are cooked, return chicken to the stockpot. Stir in spinach, parsley, chives and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »