Chèvre Torta with Smoked Salmon, Capers and Fresh Herbs
Yield: 8 to 12 appetizer portions
This gorgeous appetizer is so simple and looks so elegant! Try adding toasted pine nuts, small poached shrimp, and other fresh herbs, such as arugula or sorrel.
- 4 ounces chèvre cheese Add to list
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened Add to list
- 1 sprig thyme Add to list
- 1 sprig rosemary Add to list
- 3 small strips red bell pepper Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary Add to list
- 1/4 cup prepared roasted red pepper pesto, drained well Add to list
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped cornichons (optional) Add to list
- 2 to 3 ounces smoked salmon, skin and bones removed Add to list
- Baguette or crackers, for serving (optional) Add to list
In a small bowl, combine cheeses and set aside. Line another small bowl with plastic wrap (this bowl will serve as your mold for the torta). Arrange herb sprigs and red bell pepper face-down in the bottom of the bowl.
Press one third of cheese mixture on top of herbs and spread half of each of the remaining ingredients on top. Press another third of the cheese mixture on top of this, making sure it reaches the edges. Form your next layer with the rest of the filling ingredients. Press on the last of the cheese and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours or up to 1 day.
To serve: Invert the torta onto a serving platter; remove the bowl and plastic wrap. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve with a thinly sliced baguette or rustic crackers.
Each serving: 170 cal, 15g fat (7g sat), 40mg chol, 260mg sodium, 2g carb, 0g fiber, 8g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef