Cheesy Parsnip and Potato Mashers
Put a spin on plain old mashed potatoes by adding sweet and creamy parsnips!
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces Add to list
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces Add to list
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (or your favorite cheese) Add to list
- 1/4 cup whole milk, warmed Add to list
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature Add to list
- Pinch of nutmeg Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
Place parsnips and potatoes in a large pot with enough cold water to cover them; salt water to taste. Bring to a boil and simmer until vegetables are tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
Drain parsnips and potatoes well and allow to steam dry for a few minutes. Pass through a ricer or mash by hand. Stir in cheese, milk, butter and nutmeg. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Kids of all ages, with a little help, can mash the potatoes and stir in the cheese, milk and butter.
Each serving: 320cal, 14g fat (9g sat),35mg chol, 260mg sodium, 44g carb, 6g fiber, 6g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »