Cheese Ravioli with Mint Pesto and Peas
Serves: 2 to 4
The lightness of fresh mint and the sweetness of peas balance the richness of cheese ravioli for a simple springtime dinner.
- 2 cups lightly packed mint leaves Add to list
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds Add to list
- 1 clove garlic Add to list
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced Add to list
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese Add to list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh or frozen cheese ravioli Add to list
- 1 cup shelled fresh or frozen English peas Add to list
- Fresh mint, slivered almonds and grated Parmesan cheese, for serving Add to list
Combine mint, almonds, garlic, lemon zest, juice and Parmesan in a food processor; pulse until smooth. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while the machine is running. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Cook ravioli according to package directions. Add peas during the last 2 minutes of cooking; drain.
Toss ravioli and peas with mint pesto. Top with a sprinkling of mint leaves, almonds and Parmesan.
Each serving: 500cal, 37g fat (8g sat), 35mg chol, 380mg sodium, 31g carb, 4g fiber, 12g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef