This fruit, nut and wine condiment goes well with a main course roast chicken or brisket.
- 3 to 4 medium apples, both tart and sweet, finely chopped Add to list
- 1 cup chopped dried fruit such as dates, figs or raisins (optional) Add to list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or almonds Add to list
- 1/4 cup sweet red wine Add to list
- 2 tablespoons honey, or to taste Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon Add to list
Combine ingredients and let sit for up to 4 hours until the liquid is absorbed by the other ingredients. Add more wine if it’s too thick.
Source: Sound Consumer April 2008
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »