Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Serves: 2 to 3
Yield: Makes 1 pizza crust
Just as good as the real thing, this pizza crust is a fun way to add extra veggies to your dinner. Use your favorite toppings on this crisp crust.
- 3 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 medium head) Add to list
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese Add to list
- 1/4 cup almond meal Add to list
- 1 egg, beaten Add to list
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- Pizza toppings of your choice (sauce, vegetables, herbs, meats and cheeses) Add to list
Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower florets until they are the size of rice grains (alternatively, use a cheese grater). Place the cauliflower in a clean towel or piece of cheesecloth and gently squeeze to remove extra moisture.
In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, cheese, almond meal, egg, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well. Add additional almond meal if the dough is too moist.
Form the dough into a ball and place on the prepared baking sheet. Lay another piece of parchment paper on top of the dough and roll out into a circle about 1/4-inch thick. Or, press with your hands into desired shape.
Bake in the oven until golden and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and add your favorite pizza toppings. Bake again until warmed through, 5 to 10 minutes.
Each serving: 130cal, 9g fat (2g sat),75mg chol, 320mg sodium, 8g carb, 3g fiber, 9g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef