Cauliflower Cheddar Soup
Serves: 6 to 8
This soup is easy to prepare and tastes great with a small green salad or grilled cheese sandwich on the side, or top with a few croutons or crackers!
- 2 tablespoons butter Add to list
- 1 cup chopped onions Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional) Add to list
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces Add to list
- 4 to 5 cups low-sodium vegetable broth Add to list
- 1 cup milk Add to list
- 4 ounces grated cheddar cheese (about 1 cup) Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in garlic and cauliflower. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower just begins to soften, about 10 minutes.
Pour in broth and milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until cauliflower is very tender, about 30 minutes.
Let soup cool slightly and then carefully puree until smooth (either with an immersion blender or in batches in a blender or food processor). Return soup to the stove over medium-low heat and sprinkle in cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Each serving: 150 cal, 10g fat (6g sat), 30mg chol, 380mg sodium, 9g carb, 3g fiber, 6g sugars, 7g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef