Cauliflower Cheddar Soup
Serves: 6 to 8
This soup is easy to prepare and tastes great with a small green salad or grilled cheese sandwich on the side, or top with a few croutons or crackers!
- 2 tablespoons butter Add to list
- 1 cup chopped onion Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional) Add to list
- 1 medium head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces Add to list
- 4 to 5 cups low-sodium vegetable broth Add to list
- 1 cup milk Add to list
- 4 ounces grated cheddar cheese (about 1 cup) Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cauliflower. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower just begins to soften, about 10 minutes.
Pour in broth and milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the cauliflower is very tender, about 30 minutes.
Let the soup cool slightly and then carefully puree until smooth (either with an immersion blender or in batches in a blender or food processor). Return the soup to the stove over medium-low heat and sprinkle in the cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
EACH SERVING: 150 cal, 10g fat (6g sat), 30mg chol, 380mg sodium, 9g carb, 3g fiber, 7g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »