Cashew Pumpkin Pie
Yield: one 9-inch pie
Recipe contributed by member Sherry Tobin, helpful for soy-restricted diets.
- 1 2/3 cups water Add to list
- 3/4 cup raw cashews Add to list
- 2 teaspoons powdered coriander Add to list
- 1 teaspoon powdered cardamom Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup honey Add to list
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch Add to list
- 2 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Replacer (optional) Add to list
- 1 large can of pumpkin or 2 cups firm, drained sweet meat squash pulp Add to list
Canned pumpkin: Blend water and cashews in blender, not processor, until there is a very smooth cashew milk. Add remainder of ingredients and blend further (working in small batches if necessary).
Fresh squash or pumpkin: Purée cooked pulp separately and measure it. If very watery, reduce liquid used with the cashews. The firmer the pulp the better. Then add sufficient pulp to nut purée and other ingredients to pour into shell. Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes, then 45 minutes at 350°F.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »