Cashew Chicken Stir Fried Rice
Tidbits of pineapple and cashews turn a simple chicken stir-fry into a genuine treat.
- 1 tablespoon tamari Add to list
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice wine (mirin) Add to list
- 4 teaspoon minced garlic Add to list
- 4 ounces canned tidbits pineapple, drained, juice reserved Add to list
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon safflower or sunflower oil Add to list
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced Add to list
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced Add to list
- 3 ribs celery, thinly sliced Add to list
- 3/4 pound crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced Add to list
- 4 teaspoons arrowroot powder Add to list
- 3/4 cup toasted cashew pieces Add to list
- 3 cups cooked brown rice Add to list
Combine the tamari, mirin, garlic and reserved pineapple juice. Marinate thinly sliced chicken thighs in the mixture for 30 minutes.
Preheat a wok or large frying pan over high heat and add the oil. Briefly stir-fry each vegetable separately, until tender-crisp and brightly colored. Stir-fry the pineapple last, until it’s hot and slightly caramelized.
Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Stir-fry chicken until almost done, at least 5 minutes.
Lower the heat to medium-high. Mix reserved marinade with arrowroot. Return vegetables to wok and add marinade. Heat the sauce until it thickens and add toasted cashews.
Stir in cooked rice and serve.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!