Cashew Chicken Stir-Fried Rice
Tidbits of pineapple and cashews turn a simple chicken stir-fry into a genuine treat.
- 1 tablespoon tamari Add to list
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice wine (mirin) Add to list
- 4 teaspoon minced garlic Add to list
- 4 ounces canned tidbits pineapple, drained and juice reserved Add to list
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon safflower or sunflower oil Add to list
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced Add to list
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced Add to list
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced Add to list
- 3/4 pound crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced Add to list
- 4 teaspoons arrowroot powder Add to list
- 3/4 cup toasted cashew pieces Add to list
- 3 cups cooked brown rice Add to list
Combine tamari, mirin, garlic and reserved pineapple juice. Marinate thinly sliced chicken thighs in the mixture for 30 minutes.
Preheat a wok or large frying pan over high heat and add oil. Briefly stir-fry each vegetable separately, until tender-crisp and brightly colored. Stir-fry pineapple last, until it’s hot and slightly caramelized.
Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Stir-fry chicken until almost done, at least 5 minutes.
Lower the heat to medium-high. Mix reserved marinade with arrowroot. Return vegetables to the wok and add marinade. Heat the sauce until it thickens; add toasted cashews.
Stir in cooked rice and serve.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!