Try our deliciously sweet Nantes-variety carrots in these wonderful breakfast or snack muffins.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour Add to list
- 1/2 cup wheat bran Add to list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda Add to list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg Add to list
- 1 egg Add to list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil Add to list
- 2/3 cup vanilla yogurt Add to list
- 2 1/2 cups grated carrots Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, except walnuts, and stir to blend.
Spoon into oiled muffin tins or paper muffin cups. Sprinkle nuts on tops of muffins and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Source: PCC Natural Markets
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »