Carrot Salad with Honey-Walnut Dressing
A simple and colorful salad made with carrots and honey that makes a great side dish for any occasion.
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons walnut or olive oil Add to list
- 2 tablespoons honey Add to list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and grated Add to list
- 1 apple – peeled, cored and grated Add to list
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped Add to list
- 1/4 cup currants or golden raisins Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley Add to list
Whisk together vinegar, oil, honey, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl; set aside.
In a serving bowl, combine carrots, apples, walnuts, currants and shallots. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently to combine. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.