PCC Wheat-free Carrot Cake
Top this moist spelt cake with PCC Cream Cheese Frosting for a classic birthday treat.
- 2 cups date pieces Add to list
- 1/2 cup oil Add to list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla Add to list
- 1 can apple juice Add to list
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten Add to list
- 2 cups spelt flour Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda Add to list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon Add to list
- 3 cups grated carrots Add to list
- 1 cup toasted walnuts Add to list
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9- by 13-inch pan and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together dates, oil, vanilla, apple juice and eggs. Blend in spelt flour, baking soda and cinnamon until no streaks of flour remain. Fold in carrots and walnuts just until they're distributed evenly.
Spread batter in prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour, until the edges of the cake pull slightly away from the pan and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »