Carrot Almond Paté
Yield: 2 cups
This is a delicious spread for crackers or stuffed in pita bread with vegetables. It's even better the day after you make it, as the flavors have time to meld together. The paté can be served in celery, on cucumber rounds and as a dip for other veggies.
- 1/3 cup raw almonds, soaked in water for 6 hours Add to list
- 2 large carrots, coarsely chopped Add to list
- 2 green onions, cut in large pieces Add to list
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley Add to list
- 1/2 lemon, juiced Add to list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tamari Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
Drain and rinse almonds. Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until mixed but not puréed. Serve with crackers or veggies.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Demonstrated at PCC's Healthy Living Fair in Edmonds, 2009.