Caribbean Spice-crusted Chicken
Serves: 6 to 8
There are so many delightful spice blends indigenous to this fiery region of the world. This spicy chicken is delicious with Sunny Mango Salsa and can be cooked on the stove or grill.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon Add to list
- 1 lime, juiced Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts Add to list
- Lime wedges, for serving (optional) Add to list
Combine 2 tablespoons oil with garlic, cumin, cinnamon, lime juice, salt and pepper. Toss chicken breasts in this mixture. Marinate, refrigerate, for 1 hour to overnight. (In some regions, the chicken breasts are pounded thin before marinating. They're not as pretty, but they absorb lots of flavor!)
Heat remaining oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat and sear chicken until it is deep golden on each side. Reduce the heat and continue cooking until the internal temperature is 165° F, 5 to 6 minutes to a side. (You may also grill the chicken over hot coals for 5 to 6 minutes to a side or until cooked through.)
Let chicken rest for about 5 minutes then cut each breast into 4 to 6 medallions on the diagonal. Serve with wedges of lime for a garnish.
Recipe by, PCC Chef