Caramelized Onion Marmalade
Use this marmalade in the recipe for Seared Spicy Tuna Steaks with Figs and Onion Marmalade.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 3 tablespoons butter Add to list
- 4 yellow onions - peeled, halved and thinly sliced Add to list
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar Add to list
- 1/4 cup dry sherry Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste Add to list
Melt oil and butter in a heavy soup pot over medium heat; add onions. Cook onions, stirring frequently, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until deep golden but not brown. Stir in vinegar, sugar and sherry. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.