Caramelized Onion Marmalade
Use this marmalade in the recipe for Seared Spicy Tuna Steaks with Figs and Onion Marmalade.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 3 tablespoons butter Add to list
- 4 yellow onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced Add to list
- 2 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar Add to list
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar Add to list
- 1/4 cup dry sherry Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste Add to list
Melt the olive oil and butter in a heavy soup pot and add the onions. Cook the onions over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until deep golden but not brown. Add the vinegar, sugar and sherry to the onions. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.