Serves: 6 to 8
The green Sicilian olives from PCC delis make this really special.
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes Add to list
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1 medium onion, chopped Add to list
- 1/3 cup capers Add to list
- 6 ounces green Sicilian olives, pitted Add to list
- 1 red pepper, chopped Add to list
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped Add to list
- 1 pound chopped eggplant Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups canned tomatoes, crushed Add to list
- Pinch of salt Add to list
In a saucepan, simmer the potatoes in water to cover until tender. Drain and cool, then peel and dice.
In a large sauté pan on medium-low heat, add 1/3 cup olive oil, onions, capers and olives. Cook for 1 minute; add peppers and eggplant. Cook for 30 minutes, stirring often.
In a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and tomatoes. Bring to boil, then simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
Add the potatoes and tomatoes to the saucepan with cooked vegetables, adding the pinch of salt. Turn off heat and let sit for 30 minutes for the flavors to develop. Serve warm or at room temperature with crusty bread.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Sound Consumer November 2007
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »