Candied Rhubarb Pickles
Yield: About 2 cups
- 3 to 5 stalks rhubarb, cut into thin slices on the diagonal (or you may dice them) Add to list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar Add to list
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar Add to list
- 1 stick cinnamon Add to list
- 3 to 4 cloves Add to list
- 1 small chile, cut in half lengthwise Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
Place the rhubarb in a bowl. Put the rest of the ingredients in a small saucepan and boil to a syrup, about 5 minutes. Remove the chile and pour the hot syrup over the rhubarb. Let sit 3 hours.
Drain the liquid from the rhubarb. You may reserve the syrup and reduce it further to use as a drizzle.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "Gardening with Ciscoe" show, which aired on March 19, 2011.
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.